- At your facility
- Consecutive assemblies should take place in the same location.
- Assemblies should take place indoors unless discussed with Outreach Coordinator.
- Groups up to 250 participants
- Grades K-Adult, mixed age audiences
- Bilingual classes may be available upon request.
- We recommend that if you hold multiple assemblies you separate kids by ages, younger grades at one session and older at the other.
Dates and start times vary, according to your scheduling needs and our availability. Offered year round, seven days a week.
$350 per first assembly, $150 for each additional consecutive assembly.
- Scholarships are available: Learn more about Denver Zoo’s Red Apple Scholarship Fund.
- Layover fees apply to breaks exceeding 60 minutes between assemblies.
- Travel fees apply to locations outside of SCFD boundaries.
While programs below only align with standards at certain grade levels, the program content and activities are age appropriate for the grade range displayed for that program.
CAS 2nd Grade Life Science 2.1 Organisms depend on their habitat’s nonliving parts to satisfy their needs
CAS 4th Grade Life Science 2.3 There is interaction and interdependence between and among living and nonliving components of ecosystems.
- Travel to different geographical biomes around the world to visit grasslands, rainforests, deserts, wetlands and temperate forests.
- Come face to face with exciting live animals and learn all about how their adaptations help them survive in these different habitats.
(Grades K - Adult)
CAS 1st Grade Life Science 2.2: An organism is a living thing that has physical characteristics to help it survive.
CAS 2nd Grade Life Science 2.2: Each plant or animal has different structures or behaviors that serve different functions
CAS 4th Grade Life Science 2.1 All living things share similar characteristics, but they also have differences that can be described and classified.
CAS 5th Grade Life Science 2.1 All organisms have structures and systems with separate functions
- Highlight the secrets of animal survival with exciting live animals and their amazing adaptations.
- Compare ecosystem “specialists” who are ideally suited to a specific environment and animal “generalists” who can thrive just about anywhere!
- Discover different animal habitats, survival strategies, conservation information and other fun facts.