ZOO MEMBER FIELD TRIP POLICY
Member adults chaperoning a field trip can enter through the Membership window with their Membership card and appropriate identification Member adults bringing additional children or younger siblings are not considered Field Trip chaperones and cannot be counted toward the 1:10 required ratio. Member students attending the trip cannot use their zoo membership for field trips and will need to pay the same fees as their classmates.
REFUNDS AND CANCELLATIONS
For All School Group Field Trips
If you must cancel or reschedule a reserved field trip, kindly give Denver Zoo as much notice as possible. Please email email@example.com to cancel or reschedule your visit.
For Field Trips that have been Pre-Paid
If you need to cancel your trip, full refunds can be given without penalty if you return the entire quantity of zoo wristbands within two weeks of your original visit date. You may also choose to keep your zoo wristbands, as they can be used for your next school group visit or given to other groups in your school. (Note: wristbands may not be used for individual children or families to visit the Zoo.) If you have ordered more wristbands than you need, unused paid wristbands may be used on your next school group visit or returned to Denver Zoo for a full refund if received within two weeks of the date of your visit. To return extra paid wristbands, please stop by the Guest Relations office on the day of your visit to pick up a “Wristband Return Envelope and Form.” Complete the form and include your unused wristbands in the sealed envelope, which you may leave with Guest Relations or mail in. Your refund will be processed within two weeks of receiving your request.
PLAN YOUR VISIT
Be sure to download our field trip planning guide to ensure you have a great day!
ARRIVING AT THE ZOO
- Buses enter the east parking lot through the Bus Entrance off 23rd Ave. (not at the main entrance). Parking is free.
- Groups Arriving August - early April: Check in and enter at Main Gate.
- Groups Arriving mid-April - May: Check in and enter at the seasonal School Group Gate (east parking lot)
- Groups Arriving June – July: Check in and enter at Main Gate
- When you arrive at the zoo, please organize students into supervised groups with their adult/teacher chaperones (1 adult for every 10 students is required.)
- When entering the zoo, a lead teacher should alert the security staff member at the Gate to the name of your school, and everyone -- students, adults, and teachers -- should show their wristband as they enter the zoo.
- We recommend that all students, adult chaperones and teachers should put their wristbands on prior to arriving at the zoo, this will expedite the process of entering.
Your Ticket to the Zoo!
- When you arrive at the zoo, one representative should go to the Cashier Booth with an exact count of how many additional students, adults and teachers you have.
- Please be prepared to pay in a single transaction (one check, one credit card transaction, or one cash payment) for all wristbands needed.
- You will be charged the same discounted school group rate for any additional wristbands you purchase at the gate.
- If you have more wristbands that you need, you may choose to hold onto unused, extra wristbands and share them with other groups within your school, or use them for future school visits. (Wristbands may not be used for individual or family visits to the zoo.)
- Alternatively, any unused paid wristbands may be returned to Denver Zoo for a full refund if bands are received within two weeks of the date of your visit. Please see “Wristband Return Form” for full policy and return information.
Limited scholarship funds are available for self-guided field trips that take place August-March; there are no self-guided field trip scholarship funds available in April, May, June and July. However, scholarship funds are awarded for educational programs (classes, assemblies, workshops) year round. Enroll your class in an educational program and make the most of your time at the zoo!
To apply for scholarship funding, fill out an application for Denver Zoo’s Scholarship Fund. This application also serves as your field trip reservation request; no additional reservation form is required.