Welcome to Denver Zoo's
Toyota Elephant Passage Field Trip Discovery Units
For teachers planning field trips to Toyota Elephant Passage: Please be aware that the flying foxes, reptiles and amphibians in Toyota Elephant Passage are currently not viewable, and make adjustments to your field trip as necessary. Similar species can be viewed in Tropical Discovery as an alternative.
Denver Zoo has created a Toyota Elephant Passage Field Trip Curriculum featuring eleven grade-specific discovery units for preschool through fifth grade. Each grade level offers a standards-aligned life science unit, and some grades also offer a standards-aligned social studies unit.
Inside each unit:
Find out about our Teacher Evaluation Survey.
- Before-visit, at-the-zoo and after-visit activities and lessons rooted in Colorado Academic Standards
- An interdisciplinary final project that builds upon previous activities
- Grade-specific chaperone guides in English and Spanish
- Zoo videos related to lessons
- Orientation videos for teachers and students
- Easy-to-print resources and student activity pages
- Related book lists and web links
- Suggested at-the-zoo classes, outreach programs and loan boxes to supplement students’ learning experiences