Please note: In order to qualify for a scholarship, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Denver Zoo reserves the right to ask for supporting documentation as part of the registration process.
- Public Schools – if the federal free and reduced lunch ratio published by the Colorado Department of Education is at or above 40%.
- Private and Independent Schools – if the percentage of students on scholarship is at or above 40%.
- Individuals or families – Primary basis for Scholarship Awards to Individuals/Families is the participation in government assistance programs and the household income level.
- Non-profit Community Organizations – utilizes federal funding support, or if a local community organization’s audience includes children from particular schools, those schools’ percentages of free/reduced meal participants may be used. Such organizations may include libraries, recreation centers, and after-school organizations.
What can Scholarship be used for?
- Youth Education Programs – Programs hosted at Denver Zoo including classes, assemblies, workshops, guided tours, camps, career programs, and Bunk with the Beasts overnight programs.
- Outreach Education Programs – Programs held off zoo grounds including school programs, assemblies, after-school programs, senior citizen programs, Zoo Science Series, and service learning programs. Outreach programs take place at schools and other community venues, including senior centers, nursing homes, libraries, and daycares.
- Self-Guided Field Trips - School Groups visiting September - March. Please note: Scholarship is not available April-August.
- Transportation Fees - To Denver Zoo or your location (if outside of SCFD counties), to partake in education programs.
Help Support Denver Zoo Scholarships
- Our community benefits when people become excited about education and conservation. Families benefit by sharing learning experiences and spending time together in a dynamic environment.
- Support Denver Zoo Scholarship Fund
- Corporations or foundations that wish to support Denver Zoo's Scholarship Fund please email email@example.com.