Open every day of the year
Summer Hours (Mar 1 - Oct 31)
Admissions Open 9am to 4pm
Grounds close at 5pm
Ages 12-64: $17
Ages 65+: $14
Ages 3-11: $12
2 and Under: Free
2018 Free Days: 1/11, 1/19, 1/20, 2/4, 2/5, 11/9, 11/12
Did you know that everything we do at the Zoo to care for our animals involves science? Spark your student’s interest in science as you explore real world animal care challenges in this special discovery day at Denver Zoo.
Zoo staff and volunteers will help your students uncover the inside workings of Denver Zoo, encourage them to make observations at exhibits, discuss ideas with their peers, and share what they’ve learned. The more they engage, the more they discover – including tips on where to see exciting shows and demonstrations, interact with keepers and vets, and meet live animals up close!
Secret Science Days are offered on a limited number of dates each school year!
Currently registering for:
*Scholarships are available through Denver Zoo’s Scholarship Fund. Please apply for the scholarship fund instead of registering above; registration will be completed upon award of scholarship. For information on the Denver Zoo Scholarship Fund, click HERE
Compliance with the chaperone policy is required to remain eligible for the discounted school group rates.
· Every school group visiting Denver Zoo must have at least one adult per ten students, regardless of the students' ages. Schools who do not bring at least one adult per ten students will be charged the full price of admission.
· Please be advised that there is a maximum ratio of one teacher/chaperone for every five students that may attend any scheduled programs.
· Special needs providers are admitted free. Teachers and school staff are admitted at no charge. Other chaperones are charged at the discounted rate of $5.00 each.
· We only accept ONE payment for the entire group.
· All chaperones must enter the zoo at the same time as the group. Late arrivals will be required to pay the full price of admission or use their zoo memberships.