May 16, 2019
Help Name Denver Zoo’s Newest Sloth
How you can vote for our baby sloth’s name during your next visit
Baby sloth is a BOY! And we want you to help name him! Denver Zoo’s second Linne’s two-toed sloth baby was born on April 11 to mom, Charlotte and dad, Elliot. Our animal care staff narrowed the list down to three names, and starting Monday, May 20, you can vote for your favorite!
How You Can Vote
- Visit Denver Zoo anytime between May 18 and June 9.
- Make a donation online before your visit, at the ticket window, 4D Theater or Train/Carousel window and receive a token.
- Minimum $1 donation required to vote. All proceeds from your donation will benefit Denver Zoo’s conservation efforts here and around the world.
- Each $1 donation equals one vote, and you can donate more for more tokens!
- Choose the name you like best and place your token in our voting booth located on the welcome plaza.
- The winning name will be announced in our newsletter on June 14 and on social media June 17.
Once you vote, make sure to come see Charlotte and the new baby in their Bird World exhibit. Please note that a clear view of the baby might be impaired by foliage or Charlotte’s tight embrace. Keepers say the best time to visit is late in the afternoon when Charlotte is more likely to be moving around and ask that you keep your voices low while the baby adjusts to life in its new world. Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for regular baby sloth updates!
Be among the first to hear the latest animal updates, important stories and details about all the fun happening around Denver Zoo.
June 24, 2019
There’s something magical about trains. The familiar whistle promises exploration and the pulse of the rails sets a rhythm…
May 9, 2019
Denver Zoo’s New Grizzly Exhibit Offers More Than the Bear Necessities for Animals and Guests In just a matter…
April 26, 2019
Heed These Tips to Protect Yourself and Animals at Home and in the Great Outdoors Colorado is getting more and…